The OU Club of Colorado is a large and active group located in the Denver, CO metro area, where we serve to connect the local alumni, friends and fans of the University of Oklahoma throughout Denver, the Front Range, and the Rocky Mountain Region to the University they love and to each other. We also try to bring a little bit of that Sooner Spirit and Sooner Magic back to the Front Range.
The mission of the OU Club of Colorado is to provide fellowship for alumni and friends of OU, and to promote the University to prospective students from the state of Colorado. The OU Club of Colorado provides partial scholarships each year to graduating seniors from the state of Colorado. The money we raise from membership sales, t-shirt sales, sponsorships, and donations go directly to providing scholarships for local Colorado students attending the University of Oklahoma.
The OU Club of Colorado is keeping the Sooner Spirit strong in the Rocky Mountains and we have the largest OU football game watch parties in the nation averaging 425 fans a game up to 700 for some games at our watch party location at Stoney’s Bar and Grill, located at 1111 Lincoln, in Denver, CO
We have been on Mile High Sports Radio, and Fox 31 TV promoting OU and the University of Oklahoma in the Denver region.
We also have several social events and outings through out the year such as:
- Nuggets vs Thunder NBA basketball games
- Watch Parties for ALL OU Football Games
- Watch Parties for various Basketball, Baseball and Softball Games.
- Concert Night Outs to see Oklahoma bands such as Jason Boland and Stragglers, Stoney LaRue, or Hosty
- Fundraising events for the University of Oklahoma, the OU Club of Club or for Oklahoma Disaster Relief
- Happy Hour Mixers with other Big 12 Alumni groups such as the Colorado Cowboys